Cleansing the face is a way to protect your skin from the dirt, dust and sebum. With proper facial cleansing, you will soon say bye to the redness or acne. So, did you really know how to clean your face properly?
6 step to properly wash your face
Step 1: Determine your skin type and choose the right products for your skin
Before choosing an effective facial cleanser, you need to know your skin type.
- Normal skin has a good balance of moisture. Suitable for all facial cleansers.
- The oily skin is easy to sweat and has an oily T-zone. Suitable for oil-free products.
- Dry skin is often peeling and hardening. Suitable for moisturizing products.
- Sensitive skin is sensitive to irritation, should give priority to products with natural ingredients.
- Combination skin has oily T-zone and dry cheek. Therefore, you should combine the specialized products for these two areas.
Step 2. Washing your hands before cleansing
We carry a huge amount of germs on our hands. Therefore, to ensure that you won’t spread germs on your face, wash your hands with warm water and hand moisturizing soap.
Step 3: Wash your face twice a day with cleanser and warm water
Even if your skin looks very clean, washing your face twice a day is essential. “Wash your face twice a day before going to bed and after waking up” is the mantra that you must remember.
- Do not use hot water to wash your face. They can cause thinning skin or even burns.
- Massage the face in a circle from the top down, from the inside out.
- Gently wash around the eye area because the skin is very fragile and vulnerable. Besides, you don’t want the cleanser in your eyes, right?
- Do not wash your face too long, especially with oily skin. Cleansing the face for too long will cause the skin to dry, so that the skin will pump more oil to balance it. – The reason you still feel your skin oily after washing.
Step 4: Splash water on the face
After washing your face put your hands under the tap. Splash water on the face 15 to 20 times. Make sure all oils and cleanser are cleaned from the face.
Step 5: Clean the face with soft towel
Never leave your face to dry naturally or use your hands or a dirty towel to wipe your face. Because they only make every effort to clean your face back to zero. Use a clean, cotton, good absorbency towel, gently absorb all the water on your face. Avoid rubbing your face with a towel!
Step 6: Moisturize the skin
After cleansing, the skin is dry – so the sebaceous glands more active to moisturize the skin. Therefore, do not forget to moisturize the skin after cleansing (including oily skin). Because this step is one of the factors that help balance skin moisture.